How It Works
Oscillating motion is now thought to be the safest and most effective vibration technique by doctors and physiotherapists. Vibration Machines are used by many of the worlds top Medical Centers, Universities, Elite Training Facilities, Sports Teams and Health Clubs. ”Muscle and Fitness Magazine” proclaims Vibrating Exercise Technology to be “one of the fastest growing fitness trends since spinning”. It is safe, easy and effective for anyone to use.
When you stand on your Total Body Shaper, the vibration energy is transferred to your entire body. This first stimulates receptors in the Achilles tendons that stimulate Nerve Receptors, which track up to the Cerebellum (the part of the brain that is responsible for balance). This pleasant vibrating action, causes the brain to tell the muscles of your body to actively contract to maintain their equilibrium, thus creating a therapeutic and muscle-toning workout. With oscillation vibration, the impact on the spine is greatly reduced because the compression from the upward pulse through one leg, is balanced against the decompression from the downward pulse through the other leg. Unlike Piston vibration, which may cause problems and discomfort, the oscillating vibration motion is multi-dimensional. Independent Research has shown that an oscillating motion is the safest and most effective for the human body. The Total Body Shaper is designed to produce therapeutic vibrations from the feet up through your entire body. The vibration platform causes very rapid muscle contractions that work your muscles continuously. These contractions not only build muscle and bone density, but improve flexibility, burn fat, increase metabolism, improve circulation, improve cellular oxygen and nutrient delivery, which slows the degenerative/ageing process.
Whole Body Vibration utilizes a very specific frequency range, that is proven in research to be safe and effective. Every object has a resonance frequency. For example, internal organs and the spine have a resonance frequency between 5 and 10 Hz. Research reveals that longer term exposure to vibration at frequencies lower than 5 HZ is not recommended due to resonate vibration of the organs.
Total Body Shaper features:
- “Oscillating Vibration” on several models
- “Triplaner and Oscillating” motion in our newest model as illustrated below
Total Body Shaper……..Where Action = Results!
How It Works
No matter what your physical condition, the subconscious stretch reflexes will tighten almost all your muscles at once with vibration exercise. That compares with just 45 per cent of muscle fibers used during conventional training. Traditional training increases muscle strength, because your body reacts to the extra resistance created by the weights, over and above regular gravity. With Whole Body Vibration Training on the Total Body Shaper, your body reacts to acceleration rather than extra weight, which is much greater than standard training stimuli. Your body has to adapt even more to overcome this greater load, and so you achieve your training targets faster. Further, the vibrations increase the production of regenerative and repair hormones, improve blood circulation in skin and muscles, strengthens bone tissue, improve lymph drainage and increase the basal metabolic rate.
The science behind Whole Body Vibration training follows several different principles:
- · The Stretch Reflex: The movement of a vibration plate with amplitude of at least 4 mm simulates the body’s natural ‘stretch reflex’ (Tonic Vibration Reflex). This is similar to the knee jerk reaction that occurs when the knee is tapped by a reflex hammer in a doctor’s office. Without thinking about it, your body reacts with a strong involuntary muscle contraction, leading to your leg’s ‘kicking out’ response. With Whole Body Vibration technology, these strong muscle contractions can be repeated at a rapid rate. At a frequency of 6 to 20 times a second, Whole Body Vibration can produce up to 1200 muscle contractions in one minute.
- · Muscle Recruitment:Due to its involuntary effect on muscle contraction, nearly 100% of the muscle fibers are recruited. Compare this to conventional training where there is on average only 40% muscle recruitment. 100% muscle recruitment benefits the patient in rehabilitation, who is looking to add stability and strength to all muscles around their joints, and to the athlete looking to maximize strength gains.
- · Blood Circulation: The gentle rapid contractions of up to 1200 times per minute, allows the muscles to work as pumps, to introduce blood to even the smallest blood vessels. This increase in circulation leads to the ability of the body to carry off waste products much faster, leading to increased peripheral circulation.
- All this results in more strength, more speed, more stamina, rapid recovery of muscles and tissue, increased flexibility, mobility and coordination, cellulite reduction, collagen improvement, and fat reduction. You look and feel more fit, but do not have to train more intensely. The added value of the Vibration Trainer is improved training quality and effectiveness, so you can shorten your sessions and recover faster.