Learn if a child is related to a sibling of the father
Advanced testing to reveal the truth
An “avuncular” test determines if a person is biologically related to a sibling of the father in question. This test is a good option when the father is not available for testing, and the only relative available is a single sibling (brother or sister) of the father.
Siblings share approximately 50% of their DNA, therefore an uncle or aunt shares about 25% of their DNA with a nephew/niece. DNA Testing Centre has the most extensive array of genetic markers available to resolve biological relationship like aunt – uncle testing, which is often another way to determine paternity. Other labs do not have this extensive set of markers.
DDC the Most Accredited DNA Testing Lab in the World
The aunt – uncle report indicates the “probability of relatedness” and a likelihood ratio similar to a Family Reconstruction report.
- · We strongly encourage the mother to participate so we can account for one half of the child’s genetic material and provide a more precise result.
- · Inquire if more than one sibling of the alleged parent is available for testing. This will result in the potential to more accurately ascertain the relationship.
- · In scenarios with limited relatives to test, we may recommend utilizing Y-STR or Mt-DNA testing as well. This testing uses the lineage to confirm relationships. Some DNA is passed down only from mother to child, and male to male.
- For a free consultation or to order a DNA test, please call 1 866 499 5656.
- One of our experienced DNA experts will guide you through the testing process.
Our Promise to You
Easily schedule appointments
Your privacy is 100% protected
Each sample tested TWICE
Immediate e-mail results